Are you passionate about re-shaping the world of Logistics, looking forward to learn (from experts of the logistics and software industry) and work in a team that loves what they are doing? Do you love having a high degree of autonomy and being empowered to drive topics and ideas? we are a the focused team that you are looking for.
You will be a productive member of our department, which has a relaxing, enjoyable, and international working environment. We also have additional social activities such as gaming, eating, cooking and watching movies together.
As a software company, our LetMeShip shipping platform has been offering our B2B customers a transparent overview of the variety of services and shipping conditions for courier, express and parcel services as well as the option of booking and making smooth shipping for over 20 years. Customer orientation, know-how and commitment are what has distinguished us from our competitors. As an expanding company with currently around 100 employees in 7 European countries, we attempt to competitive advantages in the form of cost and time savings.
Now we are preparing to shape the future of logistics…together with you!
What you can expect as a working student – Java Engineer
- You will be a fundamental part of the further development, planning of necessary refactoring and maintenance of the existing software and all of its layers (e.g. frontend, backend, infrastructure).
- Within your time at LetMeShip, you will also get the chance to join or support all engineering teams working across several projects.
- You will work in an Agile Development Environment.
- You will work with Java, Scala and Angular JS.
- You also play a role to shape the future direction of the Technology branch within the organisation.
What we expect
- You are an enrolled student.
- You have good knowledge about basics programming concepts.
- You know when to listen to the gut feeling of intuition and if necessary help transfer that implicit knowledge of yours with facts and data.
- Your are confident in german and english.
- You are passionate about learning and applying knowledge in real-life projects.
- You have at least 15 hours available a week for at least a year.
- If you already have experience in programming, especially in the tech-stack we are using, that’s great, but it is not mandatory.
What we offer
- 20 years of experience in the logistics field meets startup mentality. We know how things work, but we want to go the extra mile.
- Our course is growth. We are already active in 7 countries; more to follow.
- Very interesting and challenging set of projects giving you a perfect start for your future career (refactoring of existing projects, maintenance, implementing features and doing releases of production projects, projects written from scratch).
- Working in a motivated and supportive environment.
- You will experience a strong team spirit with lots of social activities (like brown bag lunches, table tennis tournaments, Christmas markets, BBQs, etc.).
- Enjoy a coffee or tea from one of our many terraces overlooking the beautiful Hamburg skyline.
- Learn from experts of both industries (logistics and software).
- Possibility to get a junior position offered.
Your way to us
You feel addressed and are interested in a great job in beautiful Hamburg?
Apply online on our website. Alexander Siemer-Schmetzke is looking forward to your application.
You can find more information about LetMeShip at www.letmeship.com.