Senior Java Engineer with high maintenance and refactoring skills
We are seeking a passionate Java Engineer (m/f/d) in Hamburg who is familiar with the Java ecosystem, its frameworks and optionally with Scala experience.
We are LetMeShip and aim to strengthen our position as the European market leader for multi-carrier shipping solutions. For over 20 years, our platform has provided a unique value proposition on courier, express and parcel services for our customers, improving their workflow efficiencies in the form of time and cost savings.
What you can expect
- You will be a fundamental part of the further development, planning of necessary refactoring and maintenance of the existing software and all of its layers (e. g. frontend, backend, infrastructure).
- Working in an Agile Development Environment
- Working with Java, Scala and Angular JS
- Becoming fundamental to help shape the future direction of the Technology Branch within the Organisation
What we offer
- Working in a platform agnostic environment, work from Windows or Mac
- Working in a motivated and supportive environment
- You will experience a strong team spirit with lots of social activities (like brown bag lunches, table tennis tournaments, Christmas markets, BBQs, etc.)
- Subsidised HVV ProfiTicket
- Opportunity to enrol on our Company Pension scheme
- Enjoy a coffee or tea from one of our many terraces overlooking the beautiful Hamburg Skyline
What we expect
- Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Familiarity with Java frameworks like Spring Boot, Hibernate and Apache Wicket
- Experience with both external and embedded databases, especially MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Proficiency and understanding of source code management tools, such as Git
- Passion for bringing business value to all of our customers by building high quality solutions
- Knowing when to listen to the gut feeling of intuition and if necessary help transfer that implicit knowledge of yours with facts and data
- Ability to write and speak English in a professional environment
- Existing Scala and Pentaho ETL knowledge is of advantage
Your way to us
You feel addressed and are interested in a great job as Java Engineer (m/f/d) in beautiful Hamburg?
Apply online on our website, stating your desired salary and your earliest possible starting date. Alexander Siemer-Schmetzke is looking forward to your application.
You can find more information about LetMeShip at www.letmeship.com.